Suncorp Bank Rewards Program Review
Suncorp Bank rewards credit cards allow you to earn points that you can redeem for a wide range of rewards, including travel, merchandise and gift cards. Here, we look at how the Suncorp Bank Rewards program works, what rewards you can get, and the range of Suncorp credit cards that give you access to this program.
How does the Suncorp Bank Rewards program work?
If you choose a Suncorp Bank Clear Options Gold or Platinum credit card, you get complimentary membership to Suncorp Bank Rewards. You can also opt-in to the program with a Suncorp Bank Clear Options Business credit card.
Once you have your eligible credit card and membership to the rewards program, you can earn points for every $1 spent. Most everyday spending earns reward points, such as when you buy groceries, fuel, clothes or even when you dine at a restaurant. But there are a few types of transactions that don’t earn rewards, such as balance transfers, cash advances and BPAY payments.
How can you redeem points?
You can redeem your points for a wide range of rewards online using the following steps:
- Log in to your Suncorp Bank Internet banking account.
- Go to “Credit Card Services”.
- Click on “Rewards” and follow the prompts to get to the online catalogue.
- Search the catalogue, select your reward, click “Add to cart” then follow the prompts to complete your redemption.
Alternatively, you can call Suncorp’s rewards department on 13 11 55. All you have to do is choose the category of the reward you want and the number of points you want to redeem.
What can you redeem your points for?
The Suncorp Bank Rewards program has a variety of rewards available, starting from as little as 3,800 points. Some of the most popular options include:
- Travel. You can redeem you points for flights, hotel bookings, car rentals, cruises, travel packages and destination activities/excursions. Note that travel reward reservations must be made through the Suncorp Bank Rewards or online at www.suncorpbankrewards.com.au and are subject to availability and restrictions of the relevant travel supplier.
- Frequent flyer points. The Suncorp Bank Rewards Program allows you to transfer your rewards points to Virgin Velocity Frequent Flyer points or Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles, with 2.5 Suncorp rewards points equal to 1 frequent flyer point or mile. A minimum transfer of 25,000 Suncorp Bank Rewards is required for this option.
- Gift cards. Redeem your points for gift cards from some of the most popular retailers such as David Jones, Myer, Coles and Woolworths.
- Merchandise. Reward yourself or a loved one with merchandise from the Suncorp Bank Rewards catalogue, including jewellery, perfume, cameras and homewares.
The Suncorp Bank Rewards program also gives you the option of “points plus pay” for eligible redemptions. This allows you to get the rewards you want with a combination of points and cash, for more flexibility.
The Suncorp Bank Rewards program is designed to offer you more benefits for paying with a Suncorp credit card. With each card offering a competitive earn rate, and flexible reward redemptions, this program is worth considering when you’re looking at getting a new rewards credit card.Back to top