Enjoy a balance transfers and a competitive purchase rate with the UNICOM University Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard.
Most credit card providers are always looking for a way to make their cards more appealing to customers by offering various features and competitive rates. The UNICOM University Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard may be suitable if you are looking for a card that is suitable for basic everyday spending. The card comes with a competitive interest rate and a 0% p.a. for 6 months balance transfer rate. Once this period ends, the rate reverts back to the card’s cash advance rate. This is an option if you are trying to pay off or consolidate your credit card debt as well as enjoy the benefits of a MasterCard. UNICOM University Credit Low Rate MasterCard also comes with complimentary insurance covers and a generous credit limit.
Things to consider about the UNICOM University Credit Low Rate MasterCard
- Purposes. As it is designed for everyday purposes and purchases, this credit card comes with a competitive interest rate and zero rewards or incentives.
- Balance transfer. Any outstanding balances transferred from other credit cards enjoy a 0% p.a. for 6 months, after which the rate reverts back to the cash advance rate.
- Annual fee. The card comes with an annual fee of $49.
- Guaranteed pricing scheme. You can enjoy refunds on any eligible items which go on sale after you have purchased them for a higher price.
Complimentary insurance policies
- Purchase cover insurance. Any items lost, stolen or damaged anywhere in the world within 90 days of purchase using your credit card are protected by this insurance.
- Guaranteed pricing scheme. Cardholders get to enjoy refunds of any price difference on any eligible items which they purchase but that then go on sale later.
Features of the UNICOM University Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard
- Competitive purchase rate. The UNICOM University Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard has a low purchase rate of 12.99% p.a.
- 55-days interest-free. Cardholders get to enjoy up to 55-days interest-free on all eligible retail purchases. This interest-free period is only applicable to those who have paid their balance off in full for two consecutive months.
- Balance transfer. The card offers a 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers, after which the rate reverts back to the cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. Balance transfers cannot exceed 80% of your credit limit.
- Convenience. The UNICOM University Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard comes with PayPass, offering cardholders the convenience of making purchases under $100 in seconds by simply tapping the card against the PayPass terminal.
- Credit limit. The credit card limit is determined by your credit rating and credit criteria. The maximum allowable limit for this card is $15,000.
- Repayment. A minimum repayment amount is required every month. Late payments are charged $10 if the payment is not made on the due date and then $10 every seven days until the payment is made.
How to apply for the UNICOM University Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard
You will need to meet the minimum criteria to successfully apply for the credit card:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a good credit rating
- Be a permanent Australian resident or an Australian citizen
- Earn a minimum taxable income of $25,000 per year
You will be required to provide the following information:
- Personal details. Provide your name, date of birth and information regarding any dependents you may have.
- Contact details. Provide your address and other forms of contact information.
- Employment details. You will be asked to provide information about your current employment and your employer.
- Personal income and expenses. This covers information on your gross income before taxes and other expenses you need to manage. It also includes any other loans and credit card balances you might have as well as any foreseeable financial changes that might affect your ability to make repayments.
The UNICOM University Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard offers its holders a range of great features that are designed to make your life easier. It provides low costs and a low interest rate, as well as the convenience of complimentary insurance covers. It’s a viable option for those looking for a card that’s suitable for everyday use, but make sure to compare a number of cards before deciding which one is right for you.Back to top