Most people in our fast evolving society have one or more credit cards in their possession. With more and more people turning to shopping online, having access to a credit card is more important than it used to be.
The VCARD Virtual Visa Card is no longer available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of the existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare the current range of Prepaid credit cards: click here.
Not everyone is in a position to be granted a credit card by lenders, either due to a bad or non-existent credit history, or due to financial commitments elsewhere. Others simply don’t like using credit cards online because of possible risks. If these people want to buy concert tickets, use online auctions sites, or make any other type of online purchase then what do they do?
In most cases the two options are either to miss out, or to ask a friend or relative to borrow their credit card. Now the creation of the VCARD Virtual Visa Prepaid Card gives them a much more attractive, and viable way to have a credit card but without actually having the credit or debt.
VCARD Virtual Visa Card
Yes, we really have come into a technological age where there is such a thing as a virtual credit card! So what is this product, how does it work, and who will benefit the most from it?
The VCARD Virtual Visa Card is simply a disposable prepaid credit card number, specifically designed for use in the online marketplace. The VCARD is essentially just a set of a 16-digit card number, an expiry date, and a 3-digit CCV number. You don’t actually receive a physical plastic card, instead you are given all of your card’s vital details that you need to make an online payment.
The VCARD is a disposable prepaid credit card, so once you have spent all of your funds you can dispose of the card details and then simply purchase another VCARD when you want to purchase something else online. You are given a new set of “card details” and you are then free to start shopping online again.
How Do You Use A Virtual Card Online?
If you go to any online retailer, when you have chosen your items and headed to the website’s checkout, you will be asked for your credit card number. Obviously because you are shopping via the Internet vs being at the store in person, there is no way to swipe a credit card. Therefore you simply will be asked to input your 16-digit VCARD number, expiry date, and the security CCV number – basically all the details that you will receive with your VCARD Virtual Visa voucher.
There are a number of benefits to using a virtual credit card like the VCARD Virtual Visa Card. Let’s have a look at some of them now.
- Credit history unimportant. As this is a prepaid credit card even those who have a poor credit history can apply. It has also been said that using a card such as this can actually help repair your credit history to a degree, by demonstrating that you are running an organised account.
- You do not need a bank account. You prepay the amount you want to have on your VCARD at the time you purchase it. You don’t link it to your bank account, so having a credible bank account is not important in order to get one.
- No interest. This is not a credit product. There is no interest to pay which means you are in no danger of running up any credit card debts, or getting yourself into any financial difficulty.
- No Fees. VCARD has no monthly or ongoing fees. Once you buy your VCARD you can spend 100% of the value loaded onto it.
- Quick and easy process. You will not have to worry about filling out any long and intrusive credit application forms.
- Loss limitation. If you only ever keep a minimal amount of “credit” on the card, then if you happen to have your details stolen, the amount the thief can take from you is limited.
- No credit enquiries. The more credit enquiries that appear on your credit file, the worse the effect on your future credit applications. This card needs no credit check meaning your credit history will not be negatively affected.
- Accepted worldwide. With VCARD you can shop anywhere online that accepts payment by Visa. You can use it for everything from Paypal and online stores to gaming sites and gaming networks.
Where Are They Sold?
Unfortunately VCards are no longer going to be sold in stores or online. You can compare other Prepaid card options here.
Great First Card
A great deal of credit card debt is run up by younger people, or people who are using a credit card for the first time. If you want all the benefits of being able to shop on the Internet, but do not want the worry of interest or debt then this could be a great way to start.
It gives you the practice of running a credit account without the associated problems. In fact it can even benefit you as you begin building your financial reputation.
Being a Visa card you are able to use the VCARD Virtual Visa card anywhere online that accepts Visa payments, regardless of what country the online retailer is stationed.Back to top
Is A Prepaid Credit Card A Good Idea?
Prepaid credit cards have always been a great idea, especially with more people than ever struggling to obtain any kind of credit. This card gives you all the functionality of a credit card, but without any of the hassle.
With no credit checks, and no bank account required, this card is perfect for the financially experienced and inexperienced alike. In fact, it is actually a concept that would be quite useful for parents, who could use this to educate their children about the basic running of credit products.
Whilst there are a number of prepaid credit card options available, one that is designed specifically for use online is new and innovative, and is a concept that we can see catching on
Frequently Asked Questions VCARD Virtual Visa Card
How can I activate my VCARD Virtual Visa Card and check the balance remaining?
If you already have a VCARD please call 24 Hour Customer Assistance for compromised VCARDs, balances and transaction history, and any disputed transactions. Phone charges apply.
1800 204 968
If phoning from outside Australia:
+1 866 281 3947
If you do NOT yet have a VCARD Visa number and have a query regarding activating a VCARD, or registering as a user, call:
1300 725 796