The Velocity Rewards credit cards program is the points scheme of Virgin Australia. You can earn and transfer award points to their scheme. Then you can take advantage of the multitude of options for redemption. The process is simple and membership is free.
Velocity Rewards can expand the way that you are able to spend your credit card reward points. If you join this program you can transfer the points you earn from your credit card reward scheme over to velocity and take advantage of the program that allows you to redeem your points for virtually anything you like. You can even get a Velocity credit card from NAB that earns Velocity Rewards points directly.
Velocity Rewards Credit Cards
Velocity Rewards Credit Card
The Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card allows you to accelerate your Velocity Points earning. Your Velocity points are redeemable for domestic & international flights, accommodation, online shopping.
- $64 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($129 p.a. thereafter) annual fee
- 20.74% p.a. on purchases
- 0.9% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 20.99% p.a.
- 44 days interest free
- Minimum Income Requirement of $35,000 p.a.
- Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Visa – Earn 1 Velocity Point for every $1 you spend up to $1,500 per month followed by 1 Velocity Points for every $2 spent. You are eligible for a free one-way flight on Virgin Australia when you apply before 30th September 2010 and make your first purchase by 15th October 2010.
- Suncorp Bank – For every two Suncorp points you transfer you earn one Velocity rewards point. You must have at least 10,000 points to make the transfer.
- ANZ Business One Visa – Each ANZ reward point you transfer earns one Velocity rewards point. Members need at least 4,000 ANZ points to make the transfer and must be in multiples of 1,000 points.
- Commonwealth Awards – Earn one Velocity rewards point for every one Commonwealth award point you transfer. .
- American Express – If you belong to American Express Membership Rewards Ascent or Ascent Premium you can transfer your points at a value of one membership reward point for one Velocity point. Minimum transfer amount is 2,000 points.
- Diners Club International – If you have at least 5,000 Diners Club rewards points you can transfer the to the Velocity rewards program at any time.
- Westpac – Every two Westpac Altitude points redeem for one Velocity rewards point. Minimum point requirement is 3,000 points in increments of 500 points after that.
- ANZ Rewards Visa – Every 2.25 ANZ rewards points you transfer earns one Velocity rewards points. You must have at least 4,500 rewards points to make a transfer.
- Citibank – Citibank Rewards Platinum, Citibank Gold, or Citibank Silver member can transfer their points at a rate of one and a half Citibank points for 1 Velocity rewards point. Transfers may be made in blocks of 15,000 points
- Card Services – All Platinum or Gold Card Services cardholders can transfer one and a half points for one Velocity reward point. There is a transfer minimum of 15,000 points.
How can I earn points?
Virgin Velocity points are earned by using your credit card to pay for purchases. Certain bonuses are available – that can be earned at selected partners.
- Airline travel - When you fly on Virgin Airlines or any of their international partners you will earn Velocity points. The further you travel and the higher the class you travel, the more points you earn. For example flying first class to Heathrow will earn you more points than an economy flight to Singapore.
- Credit Card Spending - You can earn velocity points by using a Virgin credit card or a card offered by one of their partners co-branded cards.
- Car Hire – When you hire a car with Hertz, Thrifty or Europcar from one of the 12,000 locations around the globe you can earn 4 Points for every dollar spent.
- Hotel Stays – Velocity members who book with Velocity’s online accommodation partner will earn bonus points as well as regular points.
- Holidays and Travel – By booking with GoDo, Blue Holidays, Cruisepilot, Alliance, Secure Sentinel, Airport Parking and Brunel Limousines will earn you bonus points up to 5 points per $1 spent.
- Shopping online – Shop online at Westfield, onsport, iSUBSCRIBE or the Velocity Global eStore to earn points and bonus points on each spend.
- Wining and Dining - By booking a table through bookarestaurant.com you will earn 300 points per booking. Bonus points are also available from Babylon Restaurant and Virgin Wines.
- Entertaining yourself and family - You can earn bonus points by recharging with Virgin Mobile and buying tickets and seats at "the box office". Bonus points are also available by using your card with Foxtel, Quickflix, Onsport, e-Rewards Opinion panel and Warner Theme Parks.
- Utility bills - Virgin points can be earned with spending at Lumo Energy, Allianz, Virgin Insurance & Superannuation and IBISWorld
As you can see there is a wide range of opportunities for you to earn bonus Velocity Rewards points on your card. But what can you redeem them for?
What can I redeem my points for?
- Flights around Australian and the world - redeem your points for any seat you want on a Virgin Australia airline, or redeem your points for a Reward Seat with a limited availability.
- Car hire - You can redeem points for the hire of a car in selected countries around the world. You can use your points for the whole balance, or use a mix of Velocity Rewards points and cash.
- Hotels and accommodation - Choose from one of 75,000 partner hotels around the world and choose to pay with your points
- Holiday extras - use your points for a range of activities at a variety of locations. These include Onsport Golf Club, SeaWorld, Wet’n'Wild and Warner Brothers Movie World. You can also use your points on cruise liners, limousines and even Virgin Galactic!
- Online Shopping - Not only will you earn points shopping at Westfield and onsport online, you can redeem points at these web sites too.
- Donations to charities – You can redeem your Virgin Velocity points for donations to charities through Virgin Unite. Virgin Unite aims to help make people’s lives better.
- Virgin Online Store - From an iPad to fashion accessories to household appliances, whatever you need you could most probably find it in the Virgin Velocity Online Shop.
If you are tired of the limited rewards your credit card offers you should transfer them to the Velocity Rewards Credit Cards program. The website has loads of partners that allow you to redeem your points with them for valuable discounts and perks.