Compare Virgin Money credit cards to earn more Velocity Points and get flights on the cheap
Virgin Money is the financial services arm of the Virgin Group. Now being involved in music, financial products, the airline industry and even space flight, The Virgin Group has come a long way since starting out a mail order record business. The Australian launch of the Virgin credit card 2003 was company’s first move into the international financial services market. Today, hundreds of thousands of Australians have a Virgin Money credit card, insurance policy, savings account or travel card.
Unlike other frequent flyer credit cards, which are issued in partnership with a mainstream financial institutions, such as Citibank, Virgin Money are credit card issuer and Virgin Velocity is the frequent flyer program. You can compare credit cards from Virgin Money on this page and read about some of the benefits of using a Virgin credit card. If you have a question about a Virgin Money credit card, have a look at the FAQs or ask us a question at the bottom of the page.
Virgin Money recognised awards
- Best Customer Service 2005. International Customer Service Professional Gala Awards Night.
- Best Customer Service 2006. International Customer Service Professional Gala Awards Night.
Comparison of Virgin Money Credit CardsRates last updated January 27th, 2015
Types of credit cards from Virgin Money
Since launching their credit card business in Australia, Virgin Money have expanded their range of credit cards to include low rate and no annual fee products. Their frequent flyer products have been, and remain to be, some of the most popular in the market. These cards reward you with Velocity Points when you make an eligible purchase as well as offer you a range of competitive card features.
No annual fee credit cards
Although the purchase rate of interest may be high for a no annual fee credit card, it’s only charged if you carry a balance from month to month. You might want to compare these credit cards on the number of interest-free days available as well as other features, like balance transfer and interest-free promotional offers.Rates last updated January 27th, 2015Rates last updated January 27th, 2015
Low rate credit cards
Low rate credit cards cost less if you carry a balance from month to month. The purchase rate of interest is charged if you’re unable to pay back what you spend when your statement arrives.Rates last updated January 27th, 2015Rates last updated January 27th, 2015
Frequent flyer credit cards
Virgin frequent flyer credit cards reward you with Velocity Points when you make an eligible purchase — keep an eye out for promotional offers too. Interest-free terms and balance transfer offers can also add extra value. Compare these cards by the extras against the fees and charges, like the annual fee.Rates last updated January 27th, 2015Rates last updated January 27th, 2015
Premium frequent flyer credit cards
Premium frequent flyer credit cards offer the most perks and more points per dollar spent. Due to the annual fee, big spenders see the greatest benefit from these types of credit cards. Using these cards every once and a while may end up costing you more than what you get back.Rates last updated January 27th, 2015Rates last updated January 27th, 2015
The benefits of banking with Virgin Money
When you apply for a credit card with Virgin Money, these benefits are on offer.
Virgin Money credit cards — balance transfer from personal loans and lines of credit
Virgin credit cards can have some great balance transfer offers. Virgin Money are one of a select number of institutions that allow you to transfer your personal loan and line of credit debt to one of their credit cards, as well as letting you transfer other card debt. Other institutions allow balance transfers from credit cards, store cards or charge charges only.
Virgin Money — Visa credit cards
Visa credit cards have a couple of benefits that make using the card a breeze. For purchases under $100, you can tap your Virgin Money Visa credit card against a contactless terminal for easy payments. All transactions using the Visa payment networks (online, over the counter and contactless) are protected under the Visa No Liability Policy. This policy gives you a reimbursement if you’re the victim of credit card fraud.
Virgin Money credit cards — get cheap flights with Virgin
Virgin Money frequent flyer account-holders can save on airfares when they fly with a friend. Get 50% off the price of a Virgin Saver Fare booking when you pay for both tickets on your Virgin Money frequent flyer credit card.
How to apply for a Virgin Money credit card
A Virgin Money credit card application can be completed online in under 15 minutes. Click ‘Go to Site’ to open a secure online application for a Virgin Money credit card. Once you submit the application, you should receive a response within a matter of minutes.
Information you need to apply
You will need to provide information about the following if you wish to apply for a Virgin credit card.
- Personal information. You’re required to provide basic personal information like your address and date of birth. You’ll also need verify your identity using an accepted form of identification.
- Financial information. You will need to provide information about your income, your living expenses, details of any assets and liabilities and information about any accounts you wish to include in a balance transfer.
Frequently asked questions
We’ve provided answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Virgin Money credit cards below. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered, get in touch with us using the form below.
How do I know I’m eligible for a Virgin credit card?
The application requirements for each Virgin credit card are different. You can find the eligibility requirements for Virgin credit cards on our review pages. Generally speaking, you will need to answer yes to the following if you want to apply for a Virgin credit card.
- Be over the age of 18
- Be a permanent Australian resident
- Have a good credit rating
What happens after I apply for a Virgin Money credit card?
How do I balance transfer to a Virgin Money credit card?
To take advantage of a balance transfer promotional offer so you can save on interest repayments, elect to transfer a balance to a Virgin credit card when you apply online. The following account balances can be included in a balance transfer to a Virgin Money credit card.
- Visa and MasterCard credit cards
- Store cards and charge cards
- Personal loans and lines of credit
Keep the following in mind if you want to transfer a balance to a Virgin credit card.
- The account you want to transfer from must be in the same name as the Virgin credit card primary account holder
- You can use up to 80% of credit limit on your Virgin credit card towards a balance transfer
- At the end of the balance transfer promotional period, the cash advance rate of interest is charged on any unpaid amount from a balance transfer promotion
- You are not eligible for interest-free days as long as you’re carrying forward an outstanding amount from a balance transfer.
If you’re approved for the account, you will also generally be approved for the balance transfer offer. Once you receive and activate the credit card, the balance transfer will be automatically processed by Virgin. Balance transfers can take up to five to 10 business days to process.
How do I find out my credit limit?
How do I add an additional cardholder to the account?
How do I make a repayment on my Virgin Money credit card?
You have the following options to make repayments to a Virgin Money credit card.
- Direct Debit. Jump on the Virgin website and complete and send in a Virgin Money Direct Debit Auto Pay Application Form. This method of payment allows you to automatically pay your entire account balance, just the minimum repayment or a specific amount when your statement comes. The money is taken from a savings or transaction account linked to your Virgin credit card account.
- BPAY. You can pay your Virgin credit card from another lender’s internet banking facility using BPAY. The Virgin Money BPAY biller code is 49551 and your customer reference number is your 16 digit credit card number.
- Cheque. Virgin credit card statements are issued with a payment slip. Complete this form and mail it with a cheque to Virgin Money at GPO Box 4299, Sydney, NSW, 2001. Make the cheque payable to your Virgin Money credit card account number and be sure to include the type of credit card you hold. Make sure you write your account number on the back of the cheque.
- In person at Australia Post. You can pay your Virgin Money credit card at Australia Post using cash or EFTPOS.