Westpac Altitude Credit Card Rewards Program Review
When you are looking for a credit card rewards scheme that offers a wide range of rewards that you can choose from then you should consider the Westpac Altitude rewards card.
You can start collecting Frequent Flyer miles for Singapore Airlines, points for merchandise and many other amazing things.
Westpac Altitude Rewards
There are three different Westpac Altitude rewards cards that you can choose from.
When you join the Westpac rewards program you will have two different cards linked to the same account. You will be given an American Express card and either a MasterCard or Visa card.
Earning Rewards Points
The Westpac Altitude rewards program will give you 2 altitude points for every dollar spent on an American Express card. You will get three points for every dollar spent if you have a Platinum card. You will receive 1 point for every one dollar spent with your MasterCard or Visa.
You are given both cards so that you can maximize the earning potential of your points. As you can see, you will earn a lot more points by using your American Express card. The problem is that it is not as widely accepted as a Visa or MasterCard. You can use your Visa or MasterCard as a backup for the times you need to purchase something and the American Express card is not honored.
When you first use your card you will be given bonus points. You will receive 5000 points if you have a standard card, 10,000 points if you have a Gold card and 15,000 points if you have a Platinum Credit card. You may also receive bonus points from time to time doing business with Westpac bonus partners.
It only takes 3400 points before you can start redeeming them for vouchers and gift cards at a wide range of stores. You can make your choice from Lush, Coffee Club, Bunnings, Myer or David Jones. With such a wide selection of stores to choose from there is no doubt that this is a popular card.
You can book your flights with British Airways, Emirates, Singapore Airlines or Qantas with your Westpac Altitude rewards points. You can also book car hire and accommodations with these points.
You can take advantage of some great adventures such as driving a rally car or golf lessons. You may also want to kick back for a day of relaxation at a health spa. Any of these experiences are available for use with your points.
You can also take advantage of the Points Plus Payment system that Westpac provides. You have to redeem at least 3000 Altitude rewards points in order to be able to pay the rest using your Altitude card.
The Westpac Altitude rewards program is suitable for anyone that wants a program with choice. Some rewards programs only offer a limited amount of rewards, which makes them rather useless if the rewards are not appealing to you.
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Min Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$50,000|
|Annual Fee||$150 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$9|
|Over Limit Fee||$9|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$0|
|Overseas ATM Balance check||$0|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal||$2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee||2%|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
- 3.99% p.a on balance transfers for the first 6 months (after this it converts to 19.99% p.a).
- You can choose from a variety of airlines with which to claim your points as opposed to a set package with one airline.
- There is no expiry on the points you earn on your card.
- There are only 45 days interest free when you make a purchase on your card.
- A high annual fee of $150, so this card is not worth the fees unless you plan to milk your rewards package!
- Unless, you pay back your balance transfer in the first 6 months, you will be charged on your outstanding balance an interest rate of 19.99%
Was this content helpful to you?
Was this content helpful to you?
Ask a Question About This Card
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards CreditCardFinder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.