Earn Qantas Points so you can get on your next holiday sooner
The Westpac Earth Platinum is no longer be available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare the current range of Westpac credit cards: click here.
Westpac Earth Platinum Credit Card review
The Westpac Earth Platinum Credit Card is a companion credit card account. You get two cards linked to the one account, an American Express and a MasterCard card.
Use the American Express card wherever it’s accepted and earn 1 Qantas Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases.
You will still earn Qantas Points when you use the MasterCard to make a purchase, but not as many had you of used the American Express card. The MasterCard rewards you with 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent.
In addition to the standard Qantas Points earn rate, you will be rewarded with one bonus point per dollar spent on selected Qantas products and services.
Our Westpac Earth Platinum Card rates and fees review outlines the important details and features of this product. And although you can no longer apply for this account, if you’re an existing cardholder, the following information will aid you in your comparison between accounts.
Benefits of the Westpac Earth Platinum Card
- Earn Qantas Points on eligible purchases. This is a companion credit card account. You get two cards to use. An American Express and a MasterCard. The American Express has a higher earn rate. If you’re not already a member of the Qantas frequent flyer program, membership is a complimentary benefit when you apply for this account.
- Earn 0.5 points per dollar spent. When you use the Westpac Earth Platinum MasterCard to make an eligible purchase, you will get 0.5 QanTas Point per dollar spent.
- Earn 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent. Use the Westpac Earth Platinum American Express card to make a purchase and you’ll earn 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent.
- Earn bonus points. Use the Westpac Earth Platinum Credit Card to purchase Qantas products and services and you will get one extra Qantas Point per dollar spent. That’s 1.5 Points when you use the MasterCard and 2 Qantas Points per dollar spent with the American Express.
- Eligible purchases. Qantas Points are awarded for eligible purchases only. Eligible purchases are your everyday type of transaction. Qantas Points are not awarded for cash transactions. This includes ATM withdrawals, account fees and charges and paying some bills. Check the terms and conditions for further information about transactions ineligible to earn Qantas Points.
- Points capping. Points are capped at 3,750 Qantas Points for each statement cycle. Spending and points earning on both cards count towards the monthly points cap. Any bonus Qantas Points you ear will not count towards your statement cap. You can compare uncapped Qantas Frequent Flyer credit cards on this page.
- Complimentary international travel insurance. The Westpac Earth Platinum Credit Card provides up to three months of complimentary international travel insurance cover for medical expenses, loss and damage to personal property, personal liability, loss of travel documents and rental vehicle excess cover. Cover is also extended to the cardholder’s dependent children and spouse if certain conditions are met.
How to activate the complimentary international travel insurance.The complimentary international travel insurance is automatically applied when you meet the following conditions.
- Be 80 years of age of younger.
- Hold a return overseas travel ticket.
- At least $500 worth of your prepaid travel expenses (airfares included) has been charged to your account.
Check the terms and conditions for a full list of activation requirements for the complimentary international travel insurance.
- Transit accident insurance. Transit accident insurance provides cover against death or injury sustained while travelling as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you charge the cost of the tickets to the account. Up to $250,000 in cover is provided.
- Protection for your purchases. Extended warranty insurance automatically extends the Australian manufacturer’s expressed Australian warranty for periods of up to 12 months in total. While purchase security insurance provides up to three months cover for selected items purchased with the account against loss, theft and damage.
Westpac Earth Platinum Credit Card features
- Annual fee. The Westpac Earth Platinum account has an annual fee of $125
- Reward points earning. Earn 1 Qantas Point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the American Express card. Earn 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases using the MasterCard card.
- Bonus Qantas point. Earn 1 bonus Qantas Point when you purchased selected Qantas products and services using the account.
- Qantas frequent flyer program. You also get a complimentary membership to the Qantas frequent flyer program when you apply for this account if you’re not already a member of the program. This is valued at $89.50
- Interest-free days. You can get up to 45 days interest-free when you use the cards to make purchases and you pay your account in full each month.
- Complimentary insurance covers. There are a number of insurances available with this account as complementary benefits to cardholders. Both you, your family, and the purchases you make on the card are protected under the complimentary insurance package.
- Supplementary cardholders. Maximise the number of Qantas Points you can earn with the account by adding a supplementary card to the account. Add supplementary cards to the account for a fee of $0 each. The additional cardholder must be over the age of 18. The primary cardholder is liable for the additional cardholder’s spending. Qantas Points are credited to the primary cardholder’s account.
- Touch and go feature. As this is a companion credit card account, you get the benefits of both a MasterCard and an American Express including contactless ‘touch and go’ technology for purchases under $100, and American Express and MasterCard privileges, like MasterCard Moments.
- Fraud protection. You’re protected against unauthorised use on your account under the card scheme (MasterCard / American Express) no liability anti-fraud guarantees. If you’re the victim of credit card fraud when using the card scheme payment networks (EFTPOS and online for instance), you will be reimbursed for any fraudulent transactions detected on your account.