Find out more Westpac Earth Platinum Travel Insurance Offer
Westpac no longer accept new applicants for the Westpac Earth Platinum Credit Card — it’s off the market. But if you are an existing Westpac Earth Platinum account holder, your account will continue to function as normal.
If you do any sort of travel around the world you will no doubt be fully aware of the importance of having some form of travel insurance. There are many policies to choose from and many different providers. Wouldn’t it be great if you could eliminate the need to search for suitable travel insurance every time you go away somewhere?
Well there is a way you can have great travel insurance cover, without having to do any searching or shopping around, and just for using your credit card. Westpac customers can get Westpac Earth Platinum travel insurance just by having their Platinum credit card. It is one of the many great freebies that comes with this very competitive card, and is in fact a very comprehensive cover as well.
Some of you may have experienced the horror of having something go wrong when you go on holiday, but believe me if you are not covered by insurance, it can be like being stuck in a horrible dream. If you lose your luggage, fall ill, or have some form of accident, without cover you are on your own.
Therefore making sure you have a good cover is essential. Not only is the Westpac Earth Platinum travel insurance free to you as a card holder, but it covers you for most eventualities and situations that may occur on you travels.
Here are some of the things they will cover you for:
- Medical and hospital expenses you may incur abroad, for example hospital care, nursing and even some dental treatment.
- Loss or damage to personal property. They do not however cover you for anything that is taken for business purposes, so they really are talking about clothing, cameras, valuables and similar.
- Cancellation expenses, so if for any reason something unexpected stops or delays your travel you may be able to claim.
- Resumption of journey following the death of a family member. In other words if you are delayed or have to return home due to the death of a relative in Australia, you may be covered if you resume your journey.
- Rental Vehicle Excess which will come in handy if you plan on hiring a car while away.
- Funeral expenses, so that if you were to die, your funeral costs will be covered. This is as long as your death was not due to suicide or medical condition that was pre-existing.
- Legal Liability which is very important whilst travelling in case of any accident caused by you that causes harm to another person or property.
Part of the other reason why the Westpac Earth Platinum card is useful for travelling is it’s ability to earn Qantas Points. With this card you will:
- Earn 1.00 Qantas Point per $1 spent on purchases when using your Westpac Earth Platinum Amex card
- Earn 0.50 Qantas Points per $1 spent on purchases when using your Westpac Earth Platinum MasterCard
- Earn points twice – once with your Earth Platinum cards and once with the partner – when you shop at a wide range of Qantas Frequent Flyer program partners
- Earn one extra Qantas Point per $1 spent on purchases on selected Qantas products and services
An important thing to note is that from 17 June 2013 points will be capped at 3,750 per statement cycle.
There are many other benefits to Westpac Earth Platinum travel insurance and rewards, and of course many terms and conditions that we very strongly advise to read and understand, so you are completely aware of what you are, and are not covered for.