The Westpac Ignite card is no longer available to new customers. Compare the features of the card with current Westpac credit card offers here.
The Westpac Ignite Credit Card is no longer available for applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The information provided and cards cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare other cards credit cards: Click here
The Ignite credit card appeared in February 2009 and is no longer available for new applications. It was actually the card that the Virgin Credit Card morphed into following its demise a year earlier when Westpac’s card issuer contract with Virgin expired and Westpac kept its customer portfolio. You may be interested in similar low interest rate credit cards and $0 annual fee credit cards. Alternatively, you may be interested in comparing the latest Westpac Credit Cards available for application.
Keeping up the Virgin example, the Westpac Ignite credit card does not carry an annual fee, and that’s guaranteed for life. This is therefore an excellent credit card for anyone who only needs to carry a card for occasional use, thus resents paying an annual fee. However, it does not have to be restricted to occasional use on the grounds of a high interest rate, which is the normal downside of no annual fee credit cards.
There are no balance transfer deals or other introductory offers available on the Westpac Ignite, but this is not unusual on a “no-frills” credit card like this. The whole concept is to give customers exactly what they need from their plastic, and not confuse matters with extra features they don’t want and to dilute the features that really do matter.
As the Westpac Ignite Credit Card is no longer available to new cardholders, you can compare other Westpac cards with low fees and interest rates to find the right card for you.
Key features of the Westpac Ignite Credit Card
- Annual fee. No annual fee for life
- Purchase rate. Low 14.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Cash advance. 20.99% p.a. interest rate on cash advances
- Interest-free days. Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Rewards. Instant Offers program
The Instant Offers program with the Westpac Ignite includes the following:
- Premium Wines Direct. 15% discount on all your wine purchases at Premium Wines Direct.
- Borders. 10% discount on all online book purchases at Borders.
- RedBalloon. $30 discount on gifts over $129 with RedBalloon, which is Australia’s leading online supplier of experience gifts, such as hot air ballooning and V8 race car driving.
- Rebel Sport. 5% discount on all merchandise from this leading retailer of sporting and leisure equipment, clothing and footwear.
- Cinema tickets. Discounts at Village, Greater Union, Birch Carrol and Coyle, and Event Cinemas when you pre-purchase tickets online.
- Theme parks. 15% off tickets to Warner Village Theme Parks, Dreamworld and WhiteWater World, Australia Zoo, Sydney Wildlife World, Sydney Aquarium and Sydney Tower.