- The Westpac No Annual Fee Credit Card is no longer available. You can however compare current Westpac offers that offer low annual fees below:
Get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases and pay no annual fees if you apply before .
Westpac gives you two low annual fee credit cards from which to choose, the 55 Day Credit Card and the 55 Day Platinum Credit Card. If you pay your balances off in full each month, you can take advantage of 55 interest-free days on purchases with both of these competitive card options.
You pay no annual fee for as long as you have the card if you apply before and meet the minimum spend for each card.
While the 55 Day Credit Card comes with a minimum credit limit of $1,000, the 55 Day Platinum Credit Card offers a minimum credit limit of $6,000. You can use these Visa cards worldwide, at any merchant who accepts Visa.
Westpac 55 Day and 55 Day Platinum Credit Card Features
If you get the 55 Day Platinum card you get complimentary access to Platinum concierge service. This card also offers a range of complimentary insurances like Overseas Travel Insurance, Transit Accident Insurance, Purchase Security Insurance, and Extended Warranty Insurance. You should also know the following in respect to both cards:
- Contactless technology enables faster checkouts at establishments that support Visa payWave and PayPass, and you can use this feature for making payments under $100
- You can use the Samsung Galaxy S4 or S5 smartphone with the Westpac Mobile Banking app to make payments at contactless terminals
- An embedded microchip increases card security
- Cardshield protects cardholders against fraudulent activity
- Falcon Fraud Protection also offers round the clock protection against fraud
- Fraud Money Back Guarantee protects all mobile payments, and reimburses cardholders for unauthorised transactions as long as they follow bank guidelines
- A foreign transaction fee of 3% applies on all international transactions.
How to apply for a Westpac Credit Card
When it comes to applying for either of the Westpac no annual fee cards you can do so at any Westpac branch, you can begin the process over the phone, or you can file an online application. To fill an online application, simply click on ‘Go to site’. Bear in mind, though, that Westpac requires you meet the following conditions:
- You’re over 18 years of age
- You’re a permanent resident of Australia
- If applying for the Platinum card, your annual income is at least $30,000
In order to establish your identity, set a credit limit, and ascertain your ability to make repayments, Westpac requires that you submit the following information:
- An Australian driver’s license number, if you have a license
- Employer’s contact details
- Monthly post-tax income
- Details of liabilities like total credit limit on cards, personal loans, rent, and household-related expenses
The offer of not paying any annual fees as long as you keep either of these cards is definitely a plus, but since there are other such credit cards ensure that you compare your options well before you apply.Back to topBack to top