The applyLink|Everyday Money credit card from Woolworths allows you to earn up to 3 points for every $1 you spend. This card is ideal if you shop at Woolworths, because you’ll earn 2 points for every dollar you spend there. Then every four months – provided you have accumulated sufficient points – you will be rewarded with a shopping card to use in any number of stores under the Woolworths group umbrella.
If this sounds interesting, then you can easily make a Woolworths credit card application online. Firstly, though, there are certain criteria you need to fulfil:
- You must be a permanent resident of Australia.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a good credit history.
- You must have an annual pre-tax income of at least $20,000.
Making a Woolworths credit card application should take no more than fifteen minutes, provided you have the following information standing by:
- Details of all your income, assets and liabilities.
- Your employer’s details.
- Your accountant’s details if you are self-employed.
If you are already an Everyday Rewards card user, you can include your unique card number on your Woolworths credit card application form so that the two cards will be linked. Once you are approved and your credit card is activated, you will be able to pay for fuel and redeem fuel saving offers at the pump using epump*.
After you complete your application for a Woolworths credit card, a Woolworths representative will contact you a few days later and inform you of the decision, based on the information you have provided. If the decision is positive you must then go through an identity verification process, which is mandated by the Australian government. To do this, you will need to take the appropriate documents into a Woolworths or Safeway store so that they can be checked.
You will also need to abide by the Privacy Act and certain other agreements, such as the Terms & Conditions attached to the credit card contract. Finally, the obligatory credit check will be carried out to verify your credit history is good.
Once everything has been approved, and your card and PIN have been safely received, you will be able to activate your new card and start using it. If you then register for Woolworths internet banking, this will allow you to do the following:
- View your credit card statements online.
- Set up any automatic direct debits you wish to pay on a regular basis.
- Pay your bills online using BPAY®.
- Change your PIN and access codes to ones more memorable.
- Check your transaction history and the state of your credit card rewards.