The Woolworths Reloadable Prepaid MasterCard is no longer available for purchase. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
Stay in control of your money by using the Woolworths Reloadable Prepaid MasterCard.
When you receive your card, you can load money onto it to use for everyday purchases, both domestically and internationally. You can also use it over the phone, or to withdraw cash out of an ATM.
It has the convenience of MasterCard, so it’s accepted at 30 million merchants worldwide, along with 1.9 million ATMs.
Suitable for younger card users, the Woolworths Reloadable Prepaid MasterCard is also safe and secure to use when shopping online, and isn’t linked to a bank account so your details cannot be accessed.
Woolworths Everyday Money Reloadable Prepaid MasterCard Review
This card charges a 2.5% international transaction fee for purchases made in a foreign currency. It may be a suitable card for children, as you can only load a certain amount of funds in the card.
There are two purchase options you can choose when you apply.
|Monthly||Pay as you go|
|Could be suitable if you plan on using this card on a regular basis||Could be suitable if you use the card every now and again|
|No monthly service fee if you load $500 or more into your card per month||$1 load fee applies each time you load the card with funds|
|A $1 monthly service fee applies if you don’t meet the condition above||No monthly service fee applies|
- If you’re shopping online – like using the card to purchase a flight – and you’re asked to provide the name of the issuing bank – select ‘ANZ’. This card is issued by ANZ in conjunction with Woolworths.
- If you want to use the card to make a withdrawal from an ATM or to make a purchase over the counter, press ‘credit’.
Information about reloading the card
In person, this account can be reloaded at Woolworths Supermarkets or Big W stores nationwide. While it can be reloaded electronically via BPAY or direct credit. Regular deposits from a transaction account can also be arranged.
Funds will clear in the account at different times depending on the reload method.
|Cash or EFTPOS at BIG W or Woolworths Supermarkets||Immediate||$2,000|
|Direct Credit – EFT from a bank account||2 business days||$2,000|
|BPAY||4 business days||$2,000|
There’s a maximum balance of $10,000. When funds are loaded onto the card for the first time, the card issue fee will be deducted from the loaded amount.
Features of the Woolworths Reloadable Prepaid MasterCard
- Safe shopping on the internet. This card is protected by the MasterCard’s Zero Liability policy, so if you’re shopping online you’re not liable for any unauthorised transactions if you can prove that you didn’t make the transactions.
- Safer than cash. A signature or PIN is required for this card. If you lose your card, you can request from Woolworths Money to cancel and replace the card.
- Competitive fees. This card isn’t linked to a transaction account, so you can save on account maintenance fees.
- Free withdrawals from ANZ ATMs. You can withdraw funds from an ANZ at no charge and there are no over the limit fees. Withdrawal limit of $2,000.
- Convenient. You reload the card at Woolworths Supermarkets or Big W stores. You can also load funds using BPAY or Direct Debit.
- MasterCard PayPass. Tap and Go with your purchases with MasterCard’s PayPass Technology.
How to apply for the Woolworths Reloadable Prepaid MasterCard
Since this isn’t a credit card, it’s easy to apply. Your credit history won’t be checked, as well as your income.
There is no minimum age requirement.
You can get a card as long as you can provide proof of identity.
Woolworths will need 100 points of identification before they issue a card. To make up 100 points of I.D provide:
- A passport, birth certificate or citizenship certificate, driver’s licence, proof of age card, pension card, foreign driver’s licence or school attendance letter – these forms of identification count as 70 points. For applicants under the age of 18, one of the above forms of identification count as 100 points.
- And things like a medicare card, a utility bill or an account bill (telephone or pay TV for instance) count as 30 points of identification. The product disclosure statement has a full list of identification requirements.
- If you’re unable to provide proof of identity online, you’ll be requested to show your documents at your local Woolworths Supermarkets.
- You’ll receive your PIN and card separately for security reasons, approximately 5-7 business days of verifying your ID.
- When you receive your card, sign the back and load it with money when you’re ready to use it.