Introducing the new Woolworths Qantas Credit Card
If you have been shopping around for a credit card which is just right for you, you will have noticed by now that you can often find a low interest, low fee credit card, or a rewarding, feature-packed credit card, but there are very few which will do both. That is where the Woolworths Qantas credit card comes in to fill that niche. The Woolworths Qantas credit card offers you the affordability and great value which mirrors a successful grocery run, while also giving you the great earn rate for Qantas Points – i.e. 1 Qantas Points for every $1 spent everywhere Mastercard is accepted, at a relatively low annual fee of $89 p.a..
Supermarket Credit Cards Comparison
Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard
American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card
Coles Rewards Mastercard
American Express David Jones
|Purchase Rate (p.a.)||17.99% p.a.||20.74% p.a.||19.99% p.a.||20.74% p.a.|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months||0.99% p.a. for 6 months with 1% balance transfer fee||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Offer end date||31 December 2013||28 February 2014|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||17.99% p.a.||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest Free Days||62 days||55 days||62 days||44 days|
|Fees & Charges|
|Annual Fee||$0 p.a.||$195 p.a.||$49 p.a.||$99 p.a.|
|Balance Transfer Fee||1%|
|Late Payment Fee||$25||$30||$25||$30|
|Over Limit Fee||$15||$15|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$0|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal||$4||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)||2.5% of transaction value||2.5% of transaction value|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)||3% of transaction value||3% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No||No||No||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0||$29|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9||1|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age||18 years of age||18 years of age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No||No||Yes – Conditions apply||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good||Good||Good||Good|
|Min Credit Limit
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit||$50,000||$30,000|
Application criteria for a Woolworths Qantas Credit Card:
The following eligibility criteria apply for a Woolworths Qantas Credit Card:
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must have a good credit rating
- You must be a permanent Australian resident
- You must have a high taxable annual income
Features of the Woolworths Qantas Credit Card
Shopping for a credit card can be such hard work because of the delicate balance you are looking for, between affordability and functionality. Usually in the search for a low fee credit card you have to forgo a number of useful features and it can be those features which help you manage your credit card spending and repayments responsibly. While everyone has their own balance point between fees and features, consider whether the Woolworths Qantas credit card strikes the right balance with you:
- Receive 16,000 bonus Qantas Points1.
- Earn Qantas Points. Earn 1 Qantas Point for every $1 you spend on most purchases2. Woolworths shoppers now have the opportunity to earn Qantas Points for their day-to-day purchases at Woolworths chains and partnered stores.
- Earn extra Qantas Points through Everyday Rewards3. Because this credit card is also an Everyday Rewards card you can earn additional Qantas Point through Everyday Rewards program partners . You will earn 1 additional Qantas Point for every $1 you spend over $30 (in one transaction) at Woolworths Supermarkets, BWS stores outside of Tasmania and at BIG W. You’ll also earn 1 point for every $1 you spend over $50 (in one transaction) in participating Dick Smith stores.
- Travel with your points. You can redeem your points for travel to over 700 destinations4 in Australia or around the world, flying Qantas, Jetstar or one of 25 other partnered airlines.
- Shop with your points. There are more than 1,800 products in the Qantas online store and you can purchase electronics, home wares, clothing or gift vouchers for yourself, or to help with the Christmas shopping. The Woolworths Everyday Money MasterCard has taken frequent Australian grocery shoppers by storm. A combination of true quality and a broad scale marketing campaign resulted in a mass of satisfied credit card owners.
- Earn fuel rewards. You will also still earn fuel saving vouchers with Everyday Rewards partners.6
- Up to 55 days interest free on purchases7. If you are able to pay your balance down to zero in each statement period then you can enjoy up to 55 days interest free on your new purchases. This gives you over a month to avoid the purchase rate, while cash advances attract the cash advance rate right away. Being able to make purchases interest free gives you the opportunity to manage your credit account without having to worry about interest charges while you also have the space to manage your own cash flow by using the bank’s money throughout the month instead of your own.
- A low annual fee . When you consider the features and benefits and the great earn rate of 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent everywhere MasterCard is accepted, included with your Woolworths Qantas credit card – the annual fee is a very affordable one, especially compared to other full featured credit cards available.
Consumers who don’t have a Frequent Flyer membership don’t have to pay the $82.50 membership fee – It’s free when you apply for the Everyday Money card!
Applying for the Woolworths Qantas Credit Card credit card should take no more than 10 to 15 minutes, and the following documents are required for you to make your application:
- Your personal details, including driver’s licence number
- Your contact details, including address, phone numbers and email address
- Employment details, including time in current job
- Details of your income and expenditure
- Details of any other credit cards owned
What’s the difference between the ‘Everyday Money’ and the ‘Everyday Rewards’ card?
The Everyday Money card is Woolworth’s shopping MasterCard. You earn reward points for spending at Woolworths and associated store chains (Big W, Dick Smith and Tandy to name a few).
The Everyday Rewards card is a result of the new alliance between Qantas Frequent Flyer and Woolworths. Consumers can apply for a free Everyday Rewards card online, and earn Frequent Flyer points when they shop at Woolworths. It is not a credit card.
You earn 1 Frequent Flyer point for every $1 spent over $30. For instance, if you made a $300 purchase, you would earn 270 Qantas FF points.
You need to link your Frequent Flyer membership with your Everyday Rewards card before you can start earning points.
What if I’m not interested in earning Frequent Flyer points? I hardly ever fly?
A common misconception is that Frequent Flyer points are solely redeemable for flights and related rewards only.
The FF program has access to a whole range of rewards, including electronics, wine, sports & outdoors and gift vouchers. View the catalogue here.
You don’t have to be a Frequent Flyer member or already have an Everyday Rewards account to apply for the Woolworths Qantas credit card. Simply complete an application form online and you will automatically be made a member on your application and can enjoy the benefits sooner.
What’s an eligible purchase?
Qantas Points are earned on all eligible purchases. Eligible purchases exclude: business expenses, interest free promotions, balance transfers and cash advances.