Woolworths WISH Gift Cards provide you with the freedom to buy a range of products from a list of stores
Woolworths Limited issues an array of gift cards through Everyday Gift Cards, and these cards differ in what one can buy and where. While the use of a particular card can be limited to certain stores, the use of other cards are restricted to specific items.
The Woolworths WISH gift card varies from other offerings in the market by giving the cardholder the ability to buy just about anything from any Woolworths Group participating store, whether it be in-store or online. The card is available in a variety of different designs, allowing people to gift a card with the same feature to different people for different occasions.
Where can I use Woolworths WISH Gift Cards?
You can use this card at all participating Woolworths Group stores and online.
Woolworths Group Stores. Include Caltex, Woolworths, Masters Home Improvement, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Cellarmasters, Thomas Dux.
Online. Includes Woolworths online woolworths.com.au (excludes online photo processing), Dan Murphy’s online danmurphys.com.au, Cellarmasters cellarmasters.com.au, Masters Home Improvement masters.com.au.
What types of Woolworths WISH gift cards are available?
- Streamers gift card. This card comes with a distinctly festive design, and is ideal to gift when you feel a celebration is the order of the day.
- Blue Steel gift card. The design on this card is simple yet elegant, and apart from making a great gift for your dad, it also works well with colleagues.
- Dragonfly gift card. The dragonfly design is eye-catching, to say the least, and the feminine touch makes it ideal for your mother or that special someone.
- Disco Lights gift card. This card relies on a sophisticated retro design to do the trick, and you can use it for an array of occasions, from thanking a colleague to simply wishing a friend well.
- Online WISH gift cards. You can get the gift cards mentioned above as eGift cards as well. When looking online you get a host of other options, which include designs from categories like celebrations, heritage, and birthdays.
- Woolworths Supermarket Gift Card
- Dick Smith Gift Card
- CALTEX WOOLWORTHS co-branded Petrol Gift Card
- BWS Gift Card
- Dan Murphy’s Gift Card
- Thomas Dux Grocer Gift Card
- Woolworths Liquor Gift Card
- Masters Home Improvement Gift Card
- Cellarmasters Gift Card Gift
What are the benefits of the Woolworths WISH Gift Card?
- Multiple participating stores. Anyone who has a WISH gift card can redeem it at any Woolworths Group participating store. They can make purchases in-store or online, but this depends on the retailer in question. Participating stores include Woolworths Supermarkets, Caltex Woolworths, Masters Home Improvement, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Cellarmasters, THOMAS DUX Grocer, and Home Timber & Hardware.
- Flexible Amounts. You can get a WISH gift card with a value of as little as $5, and the maximum can be $500. If you want to gift more than the maximum limit, you’ll need to buy more than one card.
- Customised cards. If you choose to go the eGift card way, you get the option to customise the card by uploading an image along with a personal message.
What are the features of a Woolworths WISH Gift Card?
- Classic or online. You can get a Woolworths WISH gift card in the conventional plastic card format, which one can use in-store and online. You can also get a WISH gift card online, in which case Woolworth delivers the card to the recipient electronically, and the recipient also receives instructions on how to use the card in question, in-store and online.
- Validity. These cards remain valid for a period for 12 months from the date of issue, giving users adequate time to make purchases. Once the card expires, the value of the card is lost.
- Delivery time. If you buy a WISH gift card in-store you get the card straight away, and its activation takes place within 24 hours. If you buy it online, the recipient should receive it within the following 12 hours. If you’re buying a conventional WISH gift card online, delivery can take in between six to eight business days.
What other gift cards are offered by Everyday Gift Cards?
- Essentials cards. These cards offer limited use, and one can redeem them at Woolworths Supermarkets, as well as participating Caltex Woolworths co-branded fuel outlets. Cardholders cannot redeem these cards online, and they cannot use them to pay for Gift Cards and eGift Cards or tobacco and alcohol products.
- Groceries Only Cards. You can redeem these cards only at Woolworths Supermarkets, in-store and not online. Again, you cannot use them to pay for Gift Cards and eGift Cards or tobacco and alcohol products.
- Store Gift Cards and eGift Cards. These are store specific cards, and a cardholder can redeem a store gift card in-store or online, depending on the retailer. Some options include the Woolworths Supermarket Gift Card, the DICK Smith Gift Card, and the BWS Gift Card.
What should I be wary of when using a Woolworths WISH Gift Card?
While gifting a WISH gift card is a good idea, you should take into account that these cards come with expiry dates, and, once this date passes, the cards are of no value at all. As a result, letting the recipient know of this aspect might not be a bad idea. If you’re getting a regular gift card you’ll have to pay for postage and handling, and secure courier delivery is more expensive than registered post delivery. With an eGift card you only have to pay the face value of the card.
Gifting a Woolworths WISH Gift Card can be a good idea for just about anyone, given the freedom of use that it provides. The range of designs ensures that you can pick one to suit just about any occasion. The card does come with some restrictions though, so keep those in mind when giving them as a gift.Back to top